Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Learning through photos

So tonight I spent the majority of the evening scanning pictures for a funeral at the church tomorrow. One of our designers was a close friend, and he asked us to help him out.

Suzanne and I decided to divide and conquer. I took home an envelope of pictures for a woman who I had never heard of before yesterday when Britt called to ask me for help. And though I never knew her, I spent the evening looking at her photos and getting a glimpse of who she was. I saw picture after picture of her laughing. I saw her dressed in a clown outfit entertaining children. I saw her in various locations around the globe, serving her true love and his good news. I saw her with family and friends just enjoying life together. I'm truly sad that I never had the opportunity to know this lady.

After finishing all this, it makes me wonder what people would think of me after looking at my life in a few pictures. Would they think that I experienced the world? Would they see me laughing and constantly enjoying life? Would they see me as one sharing my true love with others? Would they see me bravely loving without limits? Would they see me as someone who boldly tried new things and saw new places? Who would I be?

Something to ponder on...life really is short, and it's flying by! There's so much to do and see - do we really make the most of our time on Earth? Or are we frozen by our fears of "what if?"



At the edge of a waterfall - terrifyingly beautiful

No comments: