
Tonight was my first night back with my discipleship girls since before summer. They truly inspire me and motivate me to be more and more like Christ. They also make me laugh an insane amount.
Let me paint you a picture of what our group discussions look like...
Girl #1: So ummm another one is my highs is...
Girl #2: You have 8; I thought we were supposed to have 2..
Girl #3: Oh I have another one!
Girl #1: oh my gosh, sweetness....that's my new favorite word...
Girl #3: I've been talking in... what be the way that you say it?...ghetto...
And this is why I only make puppy chow on special occasions.
Seriously though, they are such a blessing. Lately, my life has been full of blessings, and I feel like every time I turn around, I am asking God, "Really? Am I really worthy of this?" Have you ever felt like that?
Why have I been blessed with so many great things, and yet others have nothing? Why was I fortunate enough to grow up in such a great family and community unlike others who are fighting for their freedom?
One verse that has been on my heart lately is Luke 12:48:
"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."
I'm still not quite sure why the Lord has blessed me, but I do know that despite what I have and what I don't, I need to strive to make a difference for His kingdom everyday. I don't feel like I am worthy for the task, but I know He asks it of me though He knows I may fail. I don't feel like I was worthy to die for, and yet He did for me. So I stand in awe of my Creator...hoping and praying to make a difference despite my MANY flaws :)
For those of you in the Atlanta area, looking to make a difference - here's a great opportunity Oct. 4 -5!
No comments:
Post a Comment