Now if you truly know me, you know my passion for high school students and helping them to understand how much God loves them and that He wants to have a relationship with them. I felt called to it in college, beginning slowly with camp and then building up at my beloved Salem Baptist Church.
Some of my Salem girls in Mexico last yearI've always wanted to have the opportunity to do this passion of mine full-time. This past week I was given that opportunity, and today, God gave me His answer.
No.
(enter me): God, this is my dream job!
I have another plan.
(enter me): Are you sure? Cause this sounds like it...
Yep. I'm sure
By now you get the point...I now understand why Jacob wrestles with God. I never really understood why Jacob would even question God's voice, or that it was God's direction and plan. Now I do - I've wrestled with God this week....and I lost. (Surprised? :) )
Luckily, I came out without a limp - I guess I surrendered before I could get one of those. All I am left with is the promise of God's faithfulness (and a reminder of my little faith), and the hope that this path which He has paved is the one He needs me to be on. The one that will impact the Kingdom the most.
After all, isn't that why we believers are still here? To impact the Kingdom whatever the cost. Even our own dreams...all He asks is that we trust, shed some tears if need be, and move forward into the future with everlasting faith.
I sure hope I can do that :)
1 comment:
I am so proud of you. I know the wrestling has been hard, but the obedience will be marked by a journey you cannot even imagine. No can be the hardest word to say when you truly desire something, but I know that the yes in the prusuit ahead will be filled with excitement and ministry beyond your wildest imagination.
Post a Comment