So life has calmed down a little, and I've actually had a chance to think about deeper things...I know brace yourself... :)
I went to this concert a couple weeks ago (Eddie's Attic, Atlanta's premier songwriters, opened by my friend Garrett - it was awesome), and one of the artists had a song about the moments in between life, where your guard is let down, and you truly see the real side of a person. She had been at a photo shoot, and the best ones were the ones when she didn't think about the camera, when she was just having fun.
The phrase that she used was "in between poses." Who are you really in between the facade that you put on for the world? What is it about those moments that define us? It made me really stop and think, what am I trying to hide? Where is my identity vs. who I really am?
A friend the other day offered this advice to me about a situation, "It's our memories that make us who we are." Sometimes its the painful memories that define us the most, the ones that make us run to our Heavenly Father for comfort and a chance to understand why. It's our fun, happy memories that continue the joy that Christ's followers are given for eternity, and the painful ones that give us joy in between poses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment